Midwife Selection Criteria Example

Midwife Selection Criteria (or Women's Health Nurse)


3. Proven experience in women’s health nursing and/or midwifery including the comprehensive assessment and management of women’s physical, emotional and psychological health within the context of a diverse primary health care setting.

I have 8 years direct experience as Registered Midwife.  I have been employed by Polly Healthcare since 2005 in this position which has enabled me with the experience you require when it comes to the management of women’s physical, emotional and psychological health within a diverse health care setting. My direct experience includes:

·         Providing prenatal, intapartrum and post-partum care to patients

·         Establishing practice guidelines for specialty areas which included the primary health care of women

·         Developing and implementing individual plans for woman’s health care management

·         Assisting patients to find physical positions that will facilitate childbirth

·         Monitoring maternal condition during labour by checking vital signs, monitoring contractions and performing physical examinations

·         Providing comfort and relaxation measures for mothers in labour through interventions such as massage, breathing techniques, hydrotherapy and music

·         Assessing the status of post-date pregnancies to determine treatments and interventions

·         Conduct ongoing prenatal health assessments and tracking any changes in physical or emotional health of patients

·         Developing, implementing and evaluating individualised midwifery care plans

·         Identifying and treating pregnancy related problems

·         Informing patients on how to prepare and supply birth suites

·         Obtaining complete pregnancy histories from patients, including medical, surgical, reproductive or mental health histories

·         Performing post-partum health assessments on mothers at regular intervals

During my tenure, I have spent the majority of my employment in the birth suite where we average around 200+ births per month, although I also work in the Post Natal Unit and have experience in the Antenatal unit as well. I have acted as ‘Team Leader’ on numerous occasions which involves managing junior staff and delegating staff to positions.

4. Demonstrated high-level ability to communicate sensitively with clients and colleagues and work effectively in an interprofessional team environment to provide high quality confidential service in the community setting

My ability to communicate with clients and colleagues and work in a interprofessional team environment, while providing a high quality confidential service is can be demonstrated by my approach to others. I ensure I am open and helpful towards clients and colleagues and I actively work to build positive working relationships by encouraging participation and involvement, working cooperatively with others, acknowledging differences of opinion and focusing my communication on objectives. I have the ability to explain technical medical terms to clients with no medical ability or training and achieve this by avoiding the use of jargon, stating the facts clearly and asking questions to clarify the client understands what I am saying. When working with clients I present as confident and professional at all times and when required use visual aids to further demonstrate what I am saying. I am able to instill confidence in both clients and my colleagues.

When it comes to team work I ask others for input, share ideas, work with others to identify goals and assist the team to work towards it. I am able to accept positive criticism and can avoid this impacting on the working relationship and I can accept the decisions of others. I treat all team members equitably and can often be found providing assistance to other team members. As stated earlier, I have also stepped up to ‘Team Leader’ on a number of occasions which has included delegating responsibilities to staff and working with students while providing a high level of support to all staff members.

With regards to confidentiality, it is my firm belief that confidentiality is of vital importance in the health care industry.  I have a solid understanding of the confidentiality and privacy laws and how they relate to this position, including the information that we are bound by law to report.
Need help with your midwife selection criteria? We offer a cost effective, fast and effective selection criteria service. Call us on 0439160982 or visit us at www.nicolecoggan.com
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurse Selection Criteria Help and Examples

Selection Criteria Example, Cultivates Productive Working Relationships

Personal Drive and Integrity Selection Criteria Example