Winning Selection Criteria Example For Local Government


Winning Selection Criteria Example for Local Government (Local Council)


The following is a winning selection criteria example where the client made it to interview within local government - for their local council. For over 80+ extra criteria examples plus a set of 'Fill in the Blank' Selection Criteria Templates - click here.


Qualification(s), training and/or experience, specific to the role:

I confirm that I have the relevant training and experience to meet the requirements of the role. I have an unrestricted ‘C’ Class Drivers Licence and a Construction White Card as requested. I also offer additional qualifications including a Forklift Ticket, Working at Heights and Elevated Work Platform (11+meters) ticket. With regards to experience, I spent (3) years with Ruhle Builders as a Landscaping Assistant to manage all the horticulture, grounds maintenance, mowing, irrigation, fencing, retainer wall building, outdoor tiling, outdoor features and paving requirements for each construction process. Most of these projects included large unit or apartment complexes which required extensive landscaping, turfing and garden maintenance prior to handover. I also operated machinery associated with the requirements of the role including a Bobcat to level works prior to starting. As part of this role, I installed various outdoor features according to manufacture instructions with a focus on safety at all times and I followed the installation instructions to ensure equipment was serviced and maintained according to manufacture standards. I inspected finished works for defects and faults and repair as needed and installed additional items such as BBQ’s, picnic tables, bins and fences according to blueprints and design specifications. This included arranging the materials and equipment for these activities including coordinating other services as needed such as plumbers or electricians. I ensured a high standard of workplace health and safety compliance to ensure a ‘zero harm’ workplace and a high safety standard for residents and oversaw maintenance activities including but not limited to mowing, edging, whipper-snipping, mulching, weeding, top dressing, general maintenance, spider web removal and hedging for these complexes.

Interpersonal and Communication Skills

I offer demonstrated basic numeracy, written and oral communication skills. All my roles have required some degree of numeracy skill – for example when employed as a Landscaping Assistant I was responsible for measuring out the requirements related to turfing requirements to ensure the correct amount was ordered. I also had to read blueprints and technical drawings to complete installation works. With regards to oral skills, I needed to liaise with various other trades including plumbers, electricians and carpenters daily. I also needed to respond to the questions and concerns of the owners of the property as needed. As an employee, I can both give and take direction and follow instructions both verbally and in written format. With regards to written communication, all my roles have required that I fill in paperwork, reports and time sheets. Specifically, this involves risk assessments and workplace health and safety reporting along with quality control checklists. Previously when I worked for Key Abattoirs, I was asked to complete training as a Quality Assurance Officer which required extensive reporting and writing. I’ve also completed TAFE courses that also required a certain degree of written communication skills to compete my responsibilities. I also offer sound customer service skills with the ability to provide accurate and timely advice in a helpful and supportive manner. Most of my roles have required a certain degree of working with the general public. For example, as a Landscape Assistant I responded to questions and concerns from the owners of the projects we worked on – providing my assistance in a helpful and courteous manner. When working with Fulton Hogan on roadwork projects, I was often asked questions by passing motorists as to the work we were performing. I always answered their questions in a considerate manner and if I didn’t know the correct answer to something – referred them to someone who did.

Teamwork

I have the demonstrated ability to work cooperatively, safely and ethically under general supervision in a team environment. This was demonstrated through my role with Key Abattoir where my ability to provide training and support to new members of our team led to training for a Foreman role and selection as a Union Representative to represent our section at staff meetings. I’ve also taken direction in all my other roles from more experienced operators – such as when I first commenced as a Formworker/Steel Fixer and Machinery Operator on the Toowoomba Range Crossing. Additionally, I played competitive indoor and outdoor soccer as an Adult for over 10 years – captaining our indoor soccer team to the finals on multiple occasions. This required an extensive amount of teamwork and leadership to ensure that our team always brought their best game. I also previously volunteered with the Rural Fire Brigade where it was a critical component of my volunteering that we work as a team on every single occasion.

Technical Skills/Knowledge

I can perform physical skilled gardening tasks and to complete work neatly and efficiently in terms of expected standards of service. As a Landscaping Assistant, I performed mowing, edging, whipper-snipping, mulching, weeding, top dressing, general maintenance, spider web removal and hedging daily. I can operate a chainsaw and ensure the appropriate care of plants, shrubs, trees and bushes. I’m an avid gardener in my spare time and have successfully grown a wide range of fruits, vegetables and decorative plants on my previous 2-acre property. This include the propagation of seedlings, setting up dripper systems and ongoing pruning, mulching and assorted activities – including building a very large greenhouse to house my creations.

Commitment to Council’s Organisational Value and Behaviour

I am committed to Councils Organisational Values and Behaviour of accountability, safety and wellbeing, teamwork, honesty and respect. As an employee I meet these values by ensuring that I behave honestly at all times during my employment, act with care and diligence in all tasks assigned to me, treat all customers, external agencies and team members with respect and courtesy and that I maintain a working environment free from harassment, comply with all Australian laws and legislation relevant to my role and respect the authority of my supervisors and managers and follow instructions as required. Occupational Health and Safety has played a significant part in all my previous roles where I have been responsible for ensuring the safety of my own and other team members’ work environment. I have a firm understanding of OH&S legislation and what it means for the workplace. I offer personal qualities of Integrity, Leadership, Flexibility, Respect, Support and Professionalism.  As a member of your team, I will act with honesty at all times, maintain confidentiality requirements, demonstrate moral strength, behave with impartiality, assist my colleagues to the best of my ability, adapt to change, build partnerships, practice tolerance and patience and lead by example.


Don't forget - for 80+ extra selection examples plus a set of 'Fill in the Blank' Selection Criteria Templates - click here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurse Selection Criteria Help and Examples

Selection Criteria Example, Cultivates Productive Working Relationships

Personal Drive and Integrity Selection Criteria Example